Destiny 2 Solstice of Heroes 2022: How to Get Kindling
One of the key currencies in Destiny 2’s Solstice of Heroes 2022 is called Kindling, and it’s the most difficult and tedious to acquire across the event. You’ll be spending about a dozen hours or so grinding out the various requirements if you want to complete a full set of Candescent Armor, as you’ll need 24 units of Kindling total per character to fully upgrade the armor.
Learn how to get Kindling in this guide.
How to Get Kindling in Destiny 2 Solstice of Heroes 2022
Kindling is a reward for completing Solstice Event Challenges, available in the Event Card submenu of the Quests screen. It’s also viewable through Eva Levante’s vendor menu. You receive a single unit of Kindling per challenge, meaning to upgrade a full set of Candescent armor, you need to complete every Event Challenge.
Sadly, challenge completion does not carry between characters, and there is no catch-up mechanic, so you’ll need to grind the same activities the same amount three times if you have three characters.
Here are the 24 Event Challenges that award Kindling. Bear in mind you need to be wearing your Candescent armor for progress to count.
- Bashing Success: Complete a Bonfire Bash activity.
- Good Ignite: Defeat 20 Ignition Carriers in the Bonfire Bash.
- Torch the Taken: Defeat 20 Taken in the Bonfire Bash. This challenge is misleading, requiring boss-level Taken enemies, not just any random mob.
- Fuel for the Fire: Stoke the Flame 50 times in the Bonfire Bash. Progress is fireteam-wide, whether you’re playing with randoms or a squad.
- Ash Tray: Collect 500 Silver Ash.
- All Around the Bonfire: Complete the Bonfire Bash activity twice against all available enemy types: Cabal, Hive, and Fallen.
- Fuel for the Fire II: Stoke 100 flames in the Bonfire Bash.
- Fuel for the Fire III: Stoke 150 flames in the Bonfire Bash.
- Like Wildfire: Defeat enemies anywhere in the system. Defeating Guardians awards bonus progress. No precise value is given but is likely 200 enemies.
- Pyromania: Defeat combatants with Solar damage. No value given, but like 200 enemies.
- Superlative: Defeat targets with Super abilities. Likely 200 targets. Guardians count the same as regular enemies.
- Fire Power: Defeat combatants or opposing Guardians with Power weapons. Likely 200 enemies. Guardians count the same as regular enemies.
- Forged in Flame: Defeat 100 Guardians in any activity.
- Hand Lighter: Defeat targets with Hand Cannons. Likely 200 targets. Guardians are worth the same as regular enemies.
- Shotgun Solstice: Defeat targets with Shotguns. Likely 200 targets. Guardians are worth the same as regular enemies.
- Burn them Down: Defeat 60 bosses anywhere in the system.
- Raking the Coals: Complete Playlist activities to earn Silver Leaves.
- Solstice Jubilee: Complete public events in any destination to earn Silver Leaves. Heroic events count for 10%.
- Lamplighter: Complete 10 Patrols in any destination to earn Silver Leaves.
- Dare to Dream: Complete runs of the Blind Well or Dares of Eternity to earn Silver Leaves. It takes four full Dares of Eternity clears to complete this challenge.
- Brightfall: Complete Vanguard Ops or Nightfalls to earn Silver Leaves.
- Fires of Competition: Complete 25 Crucible or Gambit matches to earn Silver Leaves.
- Spark in the Dark: Complete Sever missions or rounds of Altars of Sorrow to earn Silver Leaves.
- In the Hot Seat: Complete activities on the Throne World to earn Silver Leaves. This includes any Strike you complete as part of the Vanguard Ops challenge.
Does all that sound like a lot? It isn’t a small amount, but it’s significantly less than previous Solstice years. The EAZ Bonfire Bash activity is also much friendlier than it has been in past events.
With the addition of the Candescent Armor reroll system and farming for Silver Leaves, this year’s Solstice is one of the better outings. Check out our Destiny 2 guides hub for more coverage of the Solstice of Heroes 2022, Season of the Haunted, and the game as a whole.